Asian American Cultural Center offers a number of language and cultural classes, as well as programs and summer camps.
Chinese classes from infant to pre-school through their “The Magic Dragon” program. After school classes for K-5th grade, classes include Chinese and Japanese language and cultural learning programs.
Adult language classes in Mandarin Chinese.
Private and group classes for Japanese language are available.
Asian cooking classes and other cultural activities such as dance and martial arts.
English language learning programs are also offered.
To learn more, visit their website: http://www.asianamericancc.com/services.htm
2020 Multicultural Spring and Summer Camps for youth and teens, ages 5-12, March and June-August,
Multicultural Summer Camp 2020:
- From June 1 to August 14, 8am to 6pm
- Week 1 06/01-06/05 — Where is Asia? Making Asian Map and learning the different countries and their landscapes.
- Week 2 06/08-06/12— Learning the basic composition of Chinese characters and its meanings.
- Week 3 06/15-06/19— Designing an harmonist Oriental Garden with the 5 elements.
- Week 4 06/22-06/26— Learning Chinese paper cutting and making Chinese seal.
- Week 5 06/29-07/03— Introduction to Chinese calligraphy and brush painting
- Week 6 07/06-07/10— Learning the wisdom of the Asian Legends and parables.
- Week 7 07/13-07/17— Creating a drama of Asian story
- Week 8 07/20-07/24— Introduction and learning the different Asian Dining etiquette
- Week 9 07/27-07/31—Introduction and learning the philosophy and movements of Tai Chi
- Week 10 08/03-08/07— Learning the principles of Fe6ng Shui and living in harmony with nature
- Week 11 08/10-08/14—Learning the philosophy of origami
Call (512) 336-5069 for more details as these are ever changing based on class size.
*This is a tentative Weekly Schedule and might change accordingly. Please call to confirm
Key words: Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, English