Multilingual & Multicultural Activity of the Month_ October 2018
Exploring the Cultural Intersections of Mexico and India
Use this activity set at home, school or with friends to learn about the commonalities that exist between Mexico and India.
- Create a scavenger hunt at home or at the grocery market to find common foods and spices and learn what they are called in Spanish and English.
- Create labels for your spice rack to learn what the words are in Spanish and/or Hindi.
- Make authentic Mexican and Indian dishes with the spices or create your own fusion.
- Make your own paper crepe marigolds to celebrate festivals in each culture.
- Meet people and make new friends with those who have cultural ties to either country.
For these and other community wide multicultural based activities, visit our community calendar.
Please feel free to share your ideas for language learning and multicultural understanding to our community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you know of a bilingual or multicultural based event that is open to the public? Submit your event on our community calendar. Simply click on the “Add Your Event Here” button on the right hand side of the community calendar page.